- May 10, 2021
- Category: Screw Conveyor
Modern-day industries make use of screw conveyors for bulk material handling. It is mainly used when the material type is either liquid or granular. Some semi-solid materials such as wood chips, aggregates, food waste, bone meal, ashes, and many such other materials can be transported via a screw conveyor. Trimech India is a manufacturer and supplier of screw conveyors for many years. With the help of experts in our team, we can offer customization to our customers. All mechanism comes with a defined set of advantages and disadvantages. Let’s see them here.
- It can handle different types of material type. It can be sluggish or it can be free-flowing.
- There are multiple inlets and discharge points. It can discharge materials at various points where needed. One can also control the flow of the material with the help of a slide gate or valve.
- They are adjustable and one can accommodate in smaller spaces.
- Screw conveyor is used for mixing various materials and for breaking lumps in some industries.
- A customized screw conveyor that is made without a center pipe is used in transporting wet, sluggish, sticky kinds of materials in the industries.
- Screw conveyors can also help in heating, cooling, or drying the materials.
- Screw conveyors can hold on to the internal pressure and vapor. This is very important when we want to handle materials that are toxic or hazardous.
- Screw conveyors are easy to install and more secured when it comes to working at a higher position.
- It is of advanced technology and easy to maintain.
- Screw conveyor works at a definite angle. Any variation in angle will lead to its inefficiency.
- You cannot use this if the materials are fragile or friable.
- If the material has moisture content or if they are cohesive then it cannot be handled with a screw conveyor. It may lock the moving screws.
- The materials that are abrasive and coarse can also lead to the wear and tear of the screw.
- Screw conveyor is after all a machine. It has a limitation of working that depends on several factors like the density of the material, particle size, rotational speed, the angle at which it is working, and many others.
However, each industry type will need a different kind of screw conveyor. Therefore, you must know your material type before choosing a screw conveyor. If you are unsure then you must take an expert’s opinion before placing an order. Our team at Trimech India can help you in choosing one as per your need. We ensure that we serve you in the best way. You can get in touch with our team for your queries or requirements.