- May 4, 2021
- Category: Dust Collector
Industrial dust collector is always a priority for most of industry owners. Its main intention is to avoid accumulation of the dirt/ dust particles and other particulates. Over the years, many industry owners have known the importance of dust collectors. However, we feel that one should know the basic working of the dust collectors. Here we are with this article to help you understand some basics about the dust collector.
What is dust collecting system?
It is a system that removes dust or dirt particulates from the premises or workshops or industrial areas with efficiency. The airtight filters present in the dust collectors throws air with enough force to clean the air. The cleaned air is then thrown outside or is re-circulated as per the emission standard.
More people are now aware about the importance of dust collector to prevent the mixing of particles and unwanted gases. However, the manufacturers of the dust collector must bear in mind the guidelines and rules set by the government.
How does dust collector works?
A dust collector is a simple design that captivates harmful agents and keeps the environment clean. There are some basic components that go in the making of the dust collector. There are different types of dust collectors available. The industry owner must make a careful choice to see that they go for the one that fits the best for them. Let’s see how different components contribute to the working of dust collector.
- Ductwork: it may look very simple to fit into the construction but it holds a great importance in the making. A pipe goes in the making of the dust collector. The size of the pipe will depend on various factors like tool size, air requirements, type of particulates, number of machines, etc.
- Blower: blowers have an important role to play. There are several factors to consider when choosing a blower capacity. The first one to look into is the volume of air that needs to be moved out. Another important factor to consider is the level of static pressure. Besides these two, the other factors are temperature, moisture level, and substance in the air.
Understand that the blowers are an integral and important part of the dust collector. They pull the particulate air inside and it is sent to the filters to do the necessary cleaning.
- Dust filters: they look after cleaning the particulate air. The air that a blower has pulled in is then cleaned with the help of a dust filters. The air to cloth ratio is the amount of air that will pass through per square foot of the filter. If this ratio is low then the efficiency is higher.
- Dust filter cleaning system: the filter may get clogged with time and it is necessary to clear them. If one wants to clean the filters then one may have to shut down its working. This is practically not possible. Although, nowadays the dust collector comes with a static pressure alarms that notifies when there is pressure instability. This variation in differential pressures notifies and it helps in keeping the filter cleaning system efficient.
- Receptacles: the particulate that removed from the air is then settled on the filter. The design of the container will depend upon the type of particulate that gets filtered.
As a buyer of the dust collector, there are certain factors to consider. One may get attracted to the economical dust collector but it is always beneficial to speak about the dust collector as then to choose one. The safety of the workers and prevention of pollution are the two things that everyone should consider.